OUR COMMUNITY OUTREACH
Weekday Preschool was established as an outreach to our community in 1967. We continue to try and make a positive impact on our community. Here are a few ways we reach out:
- Weekday teams up with California State University Northridge Kinesiology Department to promote physical activity of our preschoolers. Two classes of CSUN students and their professor come to our school with prepared lesson plans. Our preschoolers interact with college students (“big kids” as they call them), who execute their physical, fun lesson plans. Lesson plans focus on certain age appropriate physical abilities but our preschoolers enjoy playing with their CSUN buddies.
- Weekday also partners with LA Pierce College Early Education Department. Weekday teachers mentor aspiring student teachers in our classrooms for one college semester. This benefits both the new teachers’ with guidance and the children with a lower ratio of students to teachers. More opportunities to promote play!
- Clothing drive for Goodwill
- Toy drive for LAPD Devonshire Pals Community Center
- Parent Talks
- Teacher Training Workshops
- Book Drive for North Valley Caring Services
- Fun Events like Trunk or Treat, Advent Cookie Decorating, Spring Fling Carnival
- CSUN Early Childhood Advisory Board Member
- Mission College Early Childhood Mentor Selection Committee Member
It has been our pleasure to have successfully served our community for 50 years and look forward to another 50!